Saturday 31 December 2011

Time to play

The Christmas week is always a quiet time and after I have polished off the remnants of the turkey - I soon get bored. I took the opportunity, as a hardened Nikon user, to play with the Canon 5D mk2. After the usual first hour or so of trying to find all the right levers and knobs, I ventured out. Below are the results I achieved after the first couple of  hours play :)



It was an interesting experience and I liked the feel of the camera and in particular the quality of the glass (Canon 24-105mm F4) but the results of the chip left me a little disappointed. I found the images to clinical and precise in feel (for me) and I have to say the Nikon chips render a more film like image - which is my preference. Over the next couple of days, I intend to have a play with the camera under studio conditions and examine how reacts in a typical portrait scenario.

Have a 'Happy and Prosperous New Year'

Richard
www.richardsouthall.co.uk
www.emphasis.biz

All images copyright - Richard Southall

1 comment: